Women in Adult and Vocational Education (WAVE) is the network of women involved in VET, adult and community education, and the broad field of work-related education and training.
We are a feminist organisation. Members connect with one another through local and national networks, through social media, through mutual support, sharing of and exploration of issues and ideas, and well researched advocacy. Our members come from the diverse group that makes up VET and adult education in Australia and overseas.
- Provides a national network for women who work, study, and/or who have an interest in VET, adult education and work in its many forms
- Provides advice, submissions and advocacy on behalf of members to decision makers
- Promotes social justice and equity in and through organisations, policies and practices, including through presentations at relevant conferences
- Strengthens links and builds areas of mutual co-operation with other like organisations - local, national and international
- Undertakes research that will advance the interests of women in VET and adult education
- Holds a regular conference to highlight and discuss significant issues for women
- Holds an AGM each year to elect the national and state/territory convenors
- Publishes a newsletter several times a year and communicates with members through social media
WAVE state and territory convenors:
- Establish local networks
- Organise events
- Advocate on behalf of members with relevant bodies
- Speak on behalf of WAVE at conferences and other events
- Are a critical part of the WAVE conversation